I have been going to Aura Dental for several years and could not be happier with them. I recently had an onlay and several fillings, and their professionalism and scheduling flexibility is great. Highly recommend
Routine dental appointments are essential to maintain good oral health and a happy smile. A standard dental check-up at Aura Dental is carried out by an experienced, qualified dentist and is the best way to spot any problems with your mouth before they become serious. Both adults and children require routine dental appointments on a regular basis because preventative dentistry is the key to keeping your mouth healthy.
Routine dental appointments are usually carried out every six months, but the number of times you need to attend these appointments varies from patient to patient. Some patients may require more frequent visits, while others may need to come into the practice less often – your dentist will advise you on how often you need a regular check-up.
What happens at a routine dental check-up?
If it is your first appointment at the practice, your dentist will take a full dental and medical history. They will also:
- Thoroughly examine your teeth, gums and mouth.
- Take X-rays if necessary.
- Discuss any dental problems you may have had since your last visit
- Discuss general health and dietary issues that can affect your teeth and gums – such as alcohol consumption or smoking.
- Discuss your teeth-cleaning habits, such as brushing technique, and recommend any improvements such as interdental brushes or flossing as required.
- Explain any further treatment you may need, such as fillings, root canal treatment or hygienist appointments.
- Provide you with a full treatment plan.
- Answer any questions you may have regarding your treatment and what options are available.
- If you require no other treatment, your dentist will let you know when you should come for your next routine check-up.